Guidelines for Gatherings
First Presbyterian Church, Georgetown
Established November 9, 2020
Revised August 24, 2021
This document includes guidelines for gatherings and meetings in all church facilities, including events scheduled by outside groups as well as church staff, committees, officers, or members of First Presbyterian Church, Georgetown. These guidelines were approved by the Session, after considering the recommendations of the Safety and Security Committee. The guidelines are based on various sources of information, including, but not limited to, CDC Recommendations and Best Practices; state, county and city mandates and orders; and local hospitalization, infection, and COVID vaccination metrics. These guidelines will be revised, as necessary, to incorporate material change in the relevant information.
- Masks are required for all worship service attendees, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, except for those while leading in worship in the chancel area; however, masks are required for persons leading the Children’s Moment in or near the chancel area.
- For all other ministry gatherings that occur indoors and on the church property, masks are required only for those who are unvaccinated.
- Congregational singing is permissible in worship.
- Food and drinks are permitted indoors and outdoors, and masks are not required while eating and drinking.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Nursery, Childcare, Children’s Church and Children’s Ministry Events. Acknowledging that children under 12 cannot yet be vaccinated: Childcare workers and volunteers are required to wear masks while interacting indoors with children.
- Social distancing of three feet is encouraged in all gatherings of these children.
- Children’s Church will be available for children in 3rd grade and under for the entire service since congregational singing is now permissible in worship.
- Children in 4th to 6th grade will have the option to attend the 11 a.m. service of worship via livestream since congregational singing is now permissible in worship.
Applicable protocols for off-campus gatherings will be determined by the leader of the gatherings.