Mon, Feb. 22, 2021, 10:00 AM –
Fri, Feb 26, 2021, 11:30 AM CST
Riverbend Church and AGE of Central Texas partner for the 8th annual free caregiving conference with daily seminars from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
About this Event
Riverbend Church is partnering with regional non-profit AGE of Central Texas for the 8th annual “GPS: Navigation for Caregivers” Conference on February 22nd through 26th, presented by Cyndi Cummings – Turnkey Transitions & Cummings Home Team. The free virtual conference will feature daily seminars from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m., covering topics of importance to area family caregivers.
For the past 8 years, Riverbend Church has hosted the free conference to provide unpaid family caregivers with relevant information and vital resources to help ease the challenges of caring for an aging family member. Participants discover local resources, acquire skills to better manage their caregiving situation, and connect with national and local experts on aging.
The 2021 Conference will be an all-virtual format, and includes daily seminars with aging and caregiving experts:
- Monday, February 22nd – 10:00-11:30 am: “Effectively Utilizing In-Home Health Care” with Jennifer Prescott, RN, MSN, CDP; Founder of Blue Water Home Care. Session Sponsor: Texas Senior Living Locators
- Tuesday, February 23rd – 10:00-11:30 am: “When It’s Not Alzheimer’s Disease” with Sarah Hyde-Williams, CADDCT, CMDCP, CDCM ; Founder of Senior Living Advisors of Austin Session Sponsor: Arden Courts of Austin
- Wednesday, February 24th – 10:00-11:30 am: “COVID-19 Updates” with Dr. Mary Theoktisto, M.D.; Infectious Disease Expert with Baylor Scott & White Health
- Thursday, February 25th – 10:00-11:30 am: “How to Pay for Long-Term Care” with Lina Supnet-Zapata, MBA, CTXG, CMC; Executive Director/Managing Partner for MIR Care Consultants, Inc. Session Sponsor: Buckner Villas
- Friday, February 26th – 10:00-11:30 am: “Keeping Your Sanity While Caregiving” with Jessica Lehmann; Executive Director of AARP Texas
Registration for any or all of the conference sessions is free and allows participation in live Q&A. Participants can register by calling (512) 600-9275, or online at http://www.TinyURL.com/GPSconference2021.