OCTOBER 25 – 8:30 AM WORSHIP SERVICE
During a called meeting on Tuesday, October 6, the Session at FPC approved having one service of worship in the Worship Center-Fellowship Hall at 8:30 a.m. on Sunday, October 25th. For the time being, they did not approve any additional services in the building but will reevaluate the situation at a meeting on October 27th. The 11 a.m. livestream service will continue as usual on October 25th and beyond. Click here to read the full letter from Pastor Bobby about this decision.
How Can I Sign Up to Attend?
To attend the worship service on Oct. 25 at 8:30 please click the below link to the Sign-Up Genius form. List all members of your group attending as well as the quantity. If you need to cancel your reservation, please go back into this form and click the X under your name to be removed. This will allow those seats to be released for others wanting to attend.
What safety protocols are planned to mitigate the spread of COVID-19?
- High-Risk Persons -Those in the “high-risk” category for any reason are strongly advised not to attend. We want you to take seriously your health and the health of those with whom you come into contact, and are grateful that all can continue to worship via livestream each week.
- RSVPs – All who attend will need to RSVP to reserve a seat. We also will limit the number who can attend in order to ensure that all who gather remain socially distanced from one another. (Sign up info listed below)
- Masks – All who attend are required to wear a mask. Those who do not have a mask will be given one by a greeter at the door.
- Hand Sanitizer – All who attend will be asked to use hand sanitizer dispensers as they enter the building.
- Fellowship – There will be no pre-service or post-service fellowship.
- Seating – Ushers will assist all to their seats to ensure congregants remain socially distanced throughout the service.
- Congregational Singing – There will be no congregational singing or responsive readings. We will continue to track the science on this matter, but at the moment it is evident that group singing and speaking should be avoided in efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Time – The entire service will last about 35 minutes. This is purposefully shorter than usual, as a way to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- Bulletins – Bulletins will be placed on each chair before the service. To ensure maximum protection, gloves will be used in the distribution.
- Contract Tracing – We will have contact tracing procedures in place if a positive COVID-19 case emerges from anyone at the service of worship.
Q & A’s
What if there is a significant spike in COVID-19 cases before October 25th?
For a variety of reasons, we hope this does not happen. However, given the reality in which we currently live, we need to remain flexible and realize that the service could still be canceled should a spike occur. The session and ODTAP will continue to monitor the county’s numbers each day and alert the congregation if needed. Thankfully, our weekly livestream service of worship will continue regardless of what happens.
Can I bring my children?
Children are welcome to attend, however, we will not be offering Children’s Church or a Children’s Moment portion during this service. At this time, the Education Building, including the Nursery, will be closed so children will need to stay in worship with their parents.
What if someone tests positive for COVID-19 soon after the service?
We are asking anyone who attends the in-person worship service to contact the church office at [email protected] as soon as possible if they test positive for COVID-19. We will not release any names, but we will send out a notice to all who attended that a positive case has been reported. We will also individually contact anyone who was seated in close proximity to them as well.