“Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.” —Helen James
Jesus constantly taught about “loving your neighbor as yourself.” Many of you are always doing this! There is an organization that promotes Jesus’ teaching on this. RAK, “Random Acts of Kindness,” has a website (randomactsofkindness.org)and some cool ideas to put feet into creating a kinder world. The work never ends and the amount of goodness to be shared is limitless. Kinda makes me think of Philippians 4:8-9.
February 13-19 is Random Acts of Kindness Week with special emphasis on one day, Thursday, February 17. So how about asking the Holy Spirit to grow the fruit of kindness in you (Galatians 5:22-23) this month by doing some of these:
- Writing a letter or note to someone whoisn’t expecting it and MAIL it.
- Calling or texting someone to let themknow their shine brightens your life.
- Giving a gift card for a local coffee shopor other local business to a friend or astranger!
- Inviting someone to take a walk withyou or sit in the sunshine.
- Paying the bill for someone behind youin a fast-food line.
- Smiling the whole time you are in a storeor at the post office.